Wednesday 11 September 2013

Posted by jinson on 15:09 No comments
type='html'>

Molasses, some would argue, is what makes gingerbread truly gingerbread, and to leave it out means you're either stuck with ginger something or spice something. Are you following me? So anyway, I mix some gingerspice dough, bust out the cookie cutters, bake, shake, and set the tray to cool outdoors (38°F you Hawaii folks!). The bears were a done deal.

Well it seems that molasses is also the x-factor in keeping your cookies all on one tray. Must be the sticky quality. It keeps your cookies...uhm...stuck. Not more than 2 minutes passed chilling on the picnic table when I heard a bit of a commotion going on. Apparently not all bears are created alike. Some are content to be dunked into milk and eaten. Some are more than happy to make the long voyage who-knows-where to a lucky recipient. And some, like this guy, figured that there was a whole world waiting out there. Kinda reminds me of myself when letter-writing and penpals took me beyond the confines of a small island in the middle of the Pacific. Come to think of it, I've always hated molasses.


View the original article here

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment